The comfort zone is like a gilded prison that you have created for yourself.
This zone consists of your collection of can’t, must, mustn’t, and all the other unfounded beliefs that have formed as a result of all the negative thoughts and decisions you have accumulated throughout your life.
The good news is that you can change and get out of your comfort zone.
One of the most powerful and effective techniques is to use Positive Affirmations.
Using positive affirmations means bombarding your subconscious mind with new thoughts and mental images of all your goals as if they were already accomplished.
To be effective affirmations must follow these 8 guidelines:
- Always start with the words “I Am”. These are the two most powerful words. Your subconscious mind interprets them as a command.
- Always use the present form. Describe what you want as if you already have it, as if it were already a reality.
- Affirm it in positive form. Affirm what you want, not what you don’t want.
- Keep the sentence short. Think of your statement like an advertising slogan. It should be short and memorable.
- Make the sentence specific. Vague statements produce vague results.
- Always include a word in the progressive form. This formula adds effect and emphasis, evoking an image of something that is happening at that very moment.
- Always include a word indicating an emotion. Always include the emotional state you would feel if you had achieved your goal.
- Make affirmations for yourself, not for others. Always make your affirmations describe your own behavior, not that of others.
How to use affirmations.
Here are some tips on how to use affirmations in your daily life:
– Review your affirmations one to three times a day. The best times are early in the morning and at night before bed.
– If you can, always read the affirmations aloud.
– Close your eyes and visualize yourself as you describe the affirmation. It should be as real as possible.
– Listen for any sounds you might hear when you successfully achieve what the affirmation describes. In addition to the sounds include any dialogue with people who might be congratulating you.
– Rehearse the emotions and feelings you will have when you achieve that success. The stronger the feelings are the more powerful the process will be.
– State the affirmation again and then repeat the same process with the next affirmation.
Other ways to use affirmations
Here are some more tips on how you can use affirmations:
– Stick post-its with your affirmations around the house
– Hang pictures of the things you want around the house or in your room
– Repeat affirmations during downtime
– Record affirmations and listen to them in the car or while exercising or sleeping
– Put affirmations on the screensaver of your PC and smartphone